Monday, October 26, 2009

Harper's 6 Month Check-Up

Today was Harper's 6 month check-up.  She weighs 17 lbs. 5 oz. and was 26 inches long.  I had weighed her at home on my scale and actually thought she would weigh more.  She's such a chubby little thing, but I love it!  She was in the 75th percentile for both height and weight and the Dr. said she looked great, was healthy, and right on track for her age.  


While we were waiting Harper kept entertained with the paper on the table. 

Handley still loves playing with her her baby dolls and I love seeing her imitate the things I do with Harper. 

Today she told me her baby needed to go the dr. too.  After seeing the nurse measure Harper, Handley put her baby up on the table.  


As Harper was getting her shots Handley kept insisting that her baby needed a shot and band-aide too.  When we got home her baby got a band-aide.  Now that Harper is eating baby food Handley also loves feeding her baby.  She'll put baby's bib on, tell her she's eating her rice cereal and carrots, and help her with a sippy cup of water. So cute! I think I might try to find a baby high chair for her as a Christmas gift.  I had brought this extra booster seat in from my car to clean up and when I turned around I saw Handley's baby sitting in the seat eating Puffs. :-)  
This afternoon Handley brought baby to me and said, "Baby is being a fussy pants.  She's about to loose it."  Hmm...wonder where she heard that. :-) 

5 comments:

the mckechnies said...

i am DYING LAUGHING at handley's comment!!

Jason, Erin, Ella, and Colin said...

Yay, Harper on a great Dr. visit!!! She is such a happy baby:) And Handley is too funny with her baby doll. I am going to get Ella a baby care set for Christmas too. I was looking at the "You and Me" line. They are thick plastic, so it seems pretty sturdy. Here is a link to the high chair: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2970570

Britni said...

So cute!!! Oh the things that come out of a 2 year olds mouth. I wish I caught all the things Cayden says on video. He keeps me laughing!

Jennifer said...

Such a cutie! Love Handley's comment. She is a mini-mommy. :)

Atkinson Family said...

The girls look adorable! I bet Handley loved being able to take Harper to the dr. I also can't believe she is 6 months!!! Where has the time gone??? The office looks great, and your trip to Berts looked like a lot of fun. We miss you all and can't wait to catch up! Handley has to meet her brother or shall I say future brother in law. If I can get Harper to agree :)