Sunday, October 18, 2009

Burt's Pumpkin Patch


Today we made our annual trip to Burt's Farm to visit the pumpkin patch.  I seriously look forward to this day ALL year long.  We make a whole day of it and have so much fun.  Burt's is about an hour and 1/2 away from our house but worth every minute in the car. 

I think everyone else in Atlanta decided to go today.  It was packed, but we didn't care!  We loved the cool fall weather, eating boiled peanuts, seeing all the different kinds of pumpkins, riding on the hayride, lunch afterwords, and then a visit with Gigi and Papa on the way home.  

The pumpkins are really amazing.  Some of the huge ones can cost between $75-$100!  You have to really love pumpkins to spend that much.  We got two regular sized ones (only $5 and $6 each) and two mini pumpkins too. 

When we saw the line for the hayride we couldn't believe how long it was!  Harper and I waited in line while Robby and Handley went in search of the perfect pumpkin.  They found us in line and Handley showed up riding in the wheelbarrow, along with our pumpkins. 
We finally made it to the front of the line for the hayride and Handley couldn't contain her excitement.  She loves tractors and was so happy that a tractor was pulling us around the farm and through the woods.
On the hayride we stopped to see the talking pumpkins. 


Our family on the hayride

Handley showing off her mini pumpkin
Picking out more pumpkins





I couldn't take too many great pictures of Harper sitting with the pumpkins because every time I set her down she would grab the wood chips and start eating them!  I tried every distraction I could think of, but she wanted nothing to do with holding toys or mini pumpkins.  Nope, only the wood chips were appealing to her.  :-)  She was SO good today though, napped in the car on the way there and back, and was happy as can be all day.  As Handley was going to bed tonight (in her big girl bed!!!) she told me she wanted to go to the pumpkin patch again.  We are both so happy that she loved the day as much as we did. I'm already looking forward to next year! 

4 comments:

Britni said...

I look forward to our trip to Burt's every year too. We actually went on Saturday...just missed you guys. Cute Pictures!!

Jason, Erin, Ella, and Colin said...

Sorry we missed you! When we got there, I realized I had left my phone at the house. I kept an eye out for you, but don't think we were there at the same time:( See you Thursday!

Jennifer said...

Fun! I love all the pics! I can't wait until next year ;).

the mckechnies said...

GREAT pictures! Looks like everyone had a fun time.