Sunday, October 25, 2009

Office Re-do

Since we moved in our house, exactly 2 years ago, I have not been happy with our office.  It's one of the very first things you see when you walk in our front door. (Actually it's the second thing you see...the dining room is first because of the way the door opens and I LOVE our dining room.  I always hoped people would just look at that and not glance into the office - Ha!)  Anyway, we have furniture that I didn't love and I felt like it was just a lot of different stuff all mixed together and left over.  

Just after moving in...blah!!!

Eventually we painted, I made curtains, we rearranged the furniture and pictures, but I still didn't really like it.  We've been talking about wanting to get new furniture and really "do" the room right, but there are always more important things we'd like to spend our money on and the office kind of just got pushed to the back burner.  Plus, you know how when you live somewhere and see something everyday, you just sort of get immune to it.  Well that's what had happened.  I guess I just got used to the cluttered papers, unhidden wires, random furniture, and weird placement. That has ALL changed now and I couldn't be more excited. 

Take a look at our new office!!!


After the girls went to bed on Friday decided to try to rearrange the furniture once again to see if we could make what we have work a little better.  We moved the desks, book shelf, took down some pictures, switched the lamps, hid wires, totally reorganized the files and drawers and really thought it made a big improvement.  We had  big blank wall over the desk though and needed something to hang.  Robby glanced into the dining room and suggested moving the giant clock he bought me for Christmas from the dining room wall to over the desk in the office.  I had him hold it over the desk so I could see what I thought and voila!!!!!  It totally made the whole room look different.   It only took two years, but finally I LOVE our office and will be happy for it to be seen as guests first enter our home.  :-) And the best part of all, it didn't cost us a dime!  

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

It looks so good!

Katie Jones said...

Wow- that looks like one of those shows on HGTV (can't think of the name right now... wait, just as I was about to click "Publish Your Comment", I thought of it.. FreeStyle) where they redo houses with only what they already have. I can't believe you didn't buy anything- looks totally different! Great job!