Sunday, October 11, 2009

The end of summer...

...for us is not marked by an official date on the calendar, school starting, or even the upcoming holidays.  The end of summer for us is when our boat is winterized and put away until next year.  So sad!!!  Anyone who reads my blog on a regular basis knows that we LOVE the lake and spend many weekends over the summer at our lake house.  Robby and I love it, Handley REALLY loves it, and Harper is learning to love it too.  It's bittersweet when the time comes to say goodbye to boat rides, beach/boat picnics and fun-filled weekends with friends.  However, I also love Fall and can't wait for the upcoming holidays.  

This weekend we went to the lake for one last boating weekend.  Last night we went out to eat with Gigi and Papa who were also up there this weekend.  I was SO excited because it literally had been MONTHS since I've been out to eat.  Harper even tried sitting in a high chair for the first time. :-)  
Trying to figure out the highchair
Mommy and Harper...love those sweet cheeks of hers.
Papa and Handley playing with playdough
Gigi and the girls

This morning was chilly, but warmed right up, and Handley even got to go for a swim.  It wore her out because on the ride back to our house she fell asleep helping Robby "drive" the boat.
Robby spent the afternoon winterizing, cleaning, and storing the boat for the winter.  While he worked, the girls played (and I tried to get all of our stuff packed and the house cleaned).  Handley is becoming so entertained by Harper and loves to play with her, especially now that Harper is moving around more.  Here's a video I took while they played.  It's nothing special, but a few things to look out for - Handley singing her ABC's and Handley asking if her LeapFrog toy will sing the Lady Gaga "Poker Face" song.  Ha!  It's one of her favorite songs. :-)



3 comments:

Jason, Erin, Ella, and Colin said...

I think that is hilarious that Handley loves the "Poker Face" song!!

Jennifer said...

I love the photo of you and Harper! So sweet. :) Haha...I love that she still loves Poker Face after all this time. You should totally take her to the concert. ;)

Katie Jones said...

I can't believe you haven't been out to eat in months! You're a better woman than me. Well, you already figured out my favorite two-year-old little girl in a restaurant thing... Playdoh! Keeps KA entertained for the whole waiting on our food time at the table.

I love Harper's high chair cover - did you make it?