Friday, October 9, 2009

Harper - 6 months


I can't believe it's been 1/2  a year already.  How in the world did that happen?  I remember thinking when she was just a month or two old that I knew it would get easier when she was older.  Now that she is older I'm wishing it wasn't flying by.  However, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this age. 6-12 months age was one of my favorites with Handley because of all the fun milestones like eating, clapping, waving, crawling, walking and talking.  I know we are in for a treat these next few months and I'm just trying to soak it up and enjoy every second.  
At 6 months Harper: 
  • sits up unassisted
  • has become quite the thumb sucker
  • still likes the paci in the stroller (although she is more interested in taking it out and then trying to get it back in her mouth)
  • is rolling all around
  • has acquired the nick-name of "Scooter" from her Daddy because she does love to scoot around
  • LOVES to eat and has had sweet potatoes, carrots, and bananas so far
  • takes two naps (1-2 hours each)
  • Sleeps 12 hours at night 
  • has a great laugh when being tickled
  • is starting to have a little separation anxiety
  • tries to climb into my lap if I'm sitting down beside her (I love this!) 
  • has her front two bottom teeth
  • does not like riding in her carseat
  • is learning to drink from a sippy cup

Her first time sitting in the shopping cart

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Cuter and cuter and cuter the older she gets!! I hate we didn't get to see you guys over the weekend!

Oh, and MONTHS since you've been out to eat?!? That doesn't sound like the CB I know and love!!! :-) Do you mean at a "real" resaraunt or even including Chick Fil A? I don't go a week without at least grabbing CFA on the go!! :-)

Jennifer said...

Gosh she is getting so big! I feel like every week she does something new!

P.S. I love that you took a picture outside of Target. :)