Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving this year.  Yesterday the kids helped me prepare our contributions to our feast.  We are a house divided when it comes to sweet potatoes so we do a half-and-half combo with marshmallows on one half and nuts on the other.


This morning we all cuddled up on the couch to watch the parade and the kids loved seeing all of the balloons, performances, and dancers.

Next we got ready to head to Ryan, Heather and Rylan's house for our family Thanksgiving.  They were so gracious to offer to host our Thanksgiving this year!


The kids had fun doing turkey crafts, running around and playing together. It was such a fun afternoon and we all feasted on too much yummy food.








 After our feast we watched a Christmas movie and then came home, put on our pajamas and watched the Christmas Tree lighting on TV that we usually attend.

I do love Thanksgiving and taking the time out to be able to show appreciation and gratitude for things in our lives, but I'm most excited about the Christmas season we are getting to enter into now.  I am super thankful for my hardworking, loving husband and my sweet as sugar children who bring me so much joy (and headache) every single day! I've always said that celebrating holidays is so much more fun with kids in our lives and I can't wait to make the very most of the Christmas season with them.



***Potty-training note for anyone that cares:  I gave a great attempt yesterday morning for our day 3 of boot camp and Hudson was much more willing and happy to try.  However, all he did was pee on the floor while playing (3-4 times) and it didn't seem to bother him one bit.  So, I made an executive decision that he wasn't quite ready and that I would try again in a few months.  Until then, he's happy in diapers!

No comments: