Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Day 2 - Not What I Expected

Day two of Hudson's boot camp potty training was not what I expected.  He decided to do a total 180 and totally resist going potty. He knew he didn't want to pee in his pants, but he also knew he didn't want to go on the potty.  The result was a lot of crying and screaming because he was so uncomfortable, him doing the pee-pee dance because he recognized the feeling to need to go, but not actually wanting to go and complete tantrums and meltdowns by both of us.  This went on for several hours until it was finally naptime and I put a diaper on him and put him to bed.  

To throw another unexpected factor into our day, Harper had been complaining about a sore throat yesterday and today she was in tears saying how bad it hurt.  I left Hudson and Handley with Gigi and took Harper to the doctor this afternoon.  They confirmed what I suspected...she has strep throat.  I hated to hear it, but was glad to know that after a few doses of antibiotics she will be feeling better by tomorrow.  

Hudson was happy in his diaper all evening since I was gone with Harper and I am second guessing him being ready. I'm going to reevaluate tomorrow morning and make a decision, but I'm leaning towards just holding off for a another few months until he's a little older and possibly a little less stubborn (doubtful, but I can hope). 

I'll spare y'all the picture of Hudson having a meltdown, but will share this one.  Handley has really been wanting for me to help her with her sewing machine and while Hudson was napping and Harper was resting this afternoon was the perfect time.  Before I know it she'll be slapping monograms on everything (just like me!). :-) 


No comments: