Sunday, July 7, 2013

Last Day at the Beach

Friday we spent our last day at the beach.  It was another pretty day and we were so thankful that we ended our week with much better weather than we started with.

By the end of the week I also got smart and decided that lugging my beach chair from the condo to the beach each day was just pointless. Although I would have loved to sit in my chair, listen to the ocean, read a good book or chat with my family that was there, that is just not my reality right now.  Instead I spent my days at the beach covered with sand as I help build sand castles or dig holes with the kids, getting knocked by waves as I help the girls boogie board, and get plenty of exercise walking back and forth from our set-up to the ocean and back again with Hudson who couldn't decide if he wanted to play in the "big pool" (what he called the ocean) or have a snack.  However, I wouldn't have it any other way and I loved all of the excitement I got to see from the kids as they enjoyed the beach.


My brothers and I on the beach. 

Sandy family! :-)

Handley and Harper found a crab and these tiny minnows in the tidal pools. The fish were dead and I couldn't believe that Handley was just carrying them around.  She is afraid of bugs and usually doesn't like to touch stuff like this.  The funniest part was that she really wanted to bring them home!


On Friday evening we had family pictures taken on the beach. My mom had matching outfits made for all of the kids and they all looked so cute!  I can't wait to see how the professional pictures turn out!

We got an early start on Saturday morning and despite Harper asking when we were going to be home after we had literally been driving only 30 minutes of our 7 hour drive, the kids did great in the car and were happy to be home when we arrived.

3 comments:

Ashleigh Finger said...

I loved reading about your trip! Such cute pics & you look so good!! I'm so ready to go to the beach!!

Alison LeBlanc said...

What a great trip! I love your realization about the beach chair :)

Stefanie said...

Such a fun trip! So glad we got to spend a few days with you guys! wish we were still there :)