Thursday, July 25, 2013

First Grade Official

This morning we took a break from packing so I could register Handley at her new school!  She was so excited about seeing the school and I was so excited to finally have this marked off the to-do list.  A huge weight was lifted off my shoulders and a big worry of mine resolved.  The whole reason we are moving is because of schools so having this be official made my day!


We took Harper and Hudson to Gigi's house to stay so Handley and I could have some one-on-one time.  After registration we went out to lunch and then by the storage place to reserve our unit.  It was a fun afternoon together and I'm happy I got to hang out with just my oldest girl.  It doesn't happen often enough.

This evening we went to a farewell dinner with a few of my sweet, sweet friends who are also my neighbors.  These girls are what make me love my neighborhood so much.  Their kids are some of my kids' best friends and they have all grown up together.   It makes me so sad to think that we won't be able to make our last minute plans to play outside together or meet at the neighborhood playground at a moments notice.  However, we are going to still make plenty of plans to see each other and let the kids play...it will just have to be done with a little more advance notice.  The good news is I made it from our current neighborhood to our new house yesterday in Atlanta rush hour traffic in only 30 minutes, so on a good day with little or no traffic it's only about 20 minutes away.

We went to a local pizza place that was having a kids night complete with face painting and an interactive musician.  It was so much fun!


We finished up the night with frozen yogurt.  The kids all laughed, played and enjoyed their candy toppings while the moms made plans to get us all back together soon.

Love all of these sweet kiddos! 

Cute boys! 

My poor kids have been bored out of their mind this week.  We are usually on the go, go, go so being stuck at home while I pack is driving them a little bit stir crazy.  They did find some funny dress-up things though and one day I came across a bunch of coins stuck in one of our closets.  I called for them all to bring their piggy banks and they spent at least 1/2 an hour filling them up with the coins.  That let me get the master bathroom packed with no interruptions! Ever since then Hudson has been asking for "more money" because he had so much fun.




The good news is, I've only got a few more rooms to go and then we will be all packed up.

1 comment:

Renee said...

That is why we moved too! I am so glad it all worked out in the right time for you guys.