Sunday, March 25, 2012

Super Saturday!


A big thanks to Mimi for making their adorable kite outfits. You all know I love them matching. :-)

Today was a super Saturday!  It started off with everyone sleeping in (and by sleeping in, I mean no one was up before 7:30).  Then we ran a few errands and made our way to Northpoint Mall.  I wanted to check on something there and thought we would make a little outing out of it.  Gigi met us there and we let the girls look around the American Girl store.  It was SO crowded and pretty crazy in there, but the girls always have fun checking out the different outfits and accessories for the dolls.  Gigi even let them go on a mini shopping spree!  They each got a bathing suit (with matching flip-flops), sunglasses, and a cute summer outfit for their dolls.  Handley even got a pair of "waterproofs" for her doll that match her shoes. She was making me smile as we walked through the mall because she was so proud of her bag.


Next, we hit up the food court for lunch and the girls enjoyed dining at their very own, kid-sized table.


Then we rode the carousel and even Hudson got to ride.  I wasn't going to take him on because I didn't think he would care one way or the other, but Gigi convinced me to take him and I'm SO glad I did. He LOVED it. He was smiling and talking the whole time and kept doing this funny thing he does with his voice when he gets excited.


After our mall adventure we spent the afternoon at Gigi and Papa's house.  While everyone napped and rested I snuck out to do a little shopping alone (!!!).  Then the girls kept busy dressing up their dolls and counting caterpillars outside.


We ate dinner and then came home, but Handley and Harper stayed to spend the night.  They have a fun day planned for tomorrow and I know they are going to have a blast!

2 comments:

Julie, the mama said...

I am having fits over those adorable outfits. LOVE. LOVE. LOVE.

Jennifer said...

Yay for mommy time! I love the outfits your mom made - she is SO talented!

BTW totally cracking up because I can tell which is Harper's doll. :)