Sunday, March 4, 2012

Nothing like an old friend

Our weekend was pretty fantastic, but it was busy!  The first soccer game of the season was cancelled on Saturday due to rain and wet fields.  The storms that came through our area thankfully missed us, but I had my emergency stash ready by the basement door, just in case.  We spent the morning around here relaxing and then Handley had a "drop-off" birthday party to attend that afternoon.  It was a rock-star party and she came home sporting glitter nail polish, eye make-up, and her very own VIP backstage pass.  It was a really cute party idea and she felt so big to be attending all by herself.  

Trey and Stefanie came over to visit on Saturday night, which is always a treat.  Even though we live so close, we don't see them nearly as often as we'd like because we all just stay so busy.  This morning my parents left to head back home and while we were sad to see them go, we are happy they will be back in just over a month for Harper's birthday.  

I just love these pictures of Hudson attacking my mom with hugs and kisses.  When he decides that he likes someone, he loves to show it! 

 This afternoon one of my closest friends from college came over for a visit!  Stacey and her husband, Joey, are expecting their 3rd child and it just so turns out we are getting rid of some baby gear at a neighborhood garage sale next weekend.  She came over to pick up a few things they will be able to use for their newest little one.  There is just nothing like an old friend.  I don't think we've seen each other since right after Harper was born, but I can tell you that it did not feel like that long when they were here today.  We always pick right up where we left off and it was fun to see the kids playing together, too. They ran around the house playing hide-n-seek, dress-up, and all sorts of other games.


This afternoon/evening we attended Addyson's 5th birthday party!  I forgot my camera and didn't take one picture of the adorable carnival theme her mom planned for her party, but it was precious! The girls won lots of tickets playing games and cashed them in for all sorts of fun prizes.  

Now the house is quiet and I'm enjoying a little down time before starting up another busy week, which will include getting ready for the big garage sale. If anyone is looking for ANYTHING at all, I can assure you our neighborhood will have it.  We have about 25 families selling and will have everything from furniture, electronics, kitchen items, clothing, toys, baby gear, books, household items, and MUCH more! 

Had to share this picture Handley drew at school on Friday.  It's she, Harper, and Hudson snow skiing (although the white snow didn't show up too well in this picture).

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Hello! I know you do not know me, but I found your blog through another blog. Your family is the cutest!! I recently found out I am pregnant with a girl and was wondering if you are planning to sell any of the girls' dresses. I would be very interested! :)