Saturday, March 10, 2012

Handley's first soccer game


Today was a big day.  Not only was it Handley's first soccer game, but it was also our neighborhood garage sale.  My friend, Christy, and I had planned and organized it and we had about 25 families selling and it was insane!  We had planned to begin at 8 AM, but before we could even open up the garage doors we had people pushing their way in.  For at least 2 hours straight we had a sea of people swarming our house.  We were thrilled though because we got rid of a lot of things and made some money, too.  It was a win/win.  The only bad part of the garage sale was that today was Handley's first soccer game and that meant one of us had to miss it.  She really wanted Robby to see her game, so I stayed at home with Hudson to manage the sale.  He ended up taking a 4 hour nap (!!!!) so my job was pretty easy.


Robby said she did great at the game and had so much fun.  When she got home she ran up and told me she scored a goal!!!!  I couldn't believe it, but was so happy that she did so well.  I really wasn't sure how this whole soccer thing would go, but she seems to be loving it and was incredibly proud of herself today.  I can't wait to see her play next week.


After looking back through the pictures Robby took I noticed two things.  She always seemed to be right in the middle of the pack and wasn't afraid to go after the ball.



I also noticed that she has a really "fancy" kick and gets her whole body into it and does something crazy with her arm.  Check out her form. :-)




Harper told me she cheered really loud for Handley and gave her a big hug during her water break.  Handley takes water break very seriously.  When my parents were here she was telling them all about soccer and told my mom, "There is this thing at soccer called 'water break' and you get to get to stop and get a drink." Ha!



Trey and Stefanie stopped by this afternoon to check out our garage sale and Handley introduced them to her class mascot, Pepe.  More on him tomorrow. :-) Stefanie was so sweet to bring the girls a little treat bag filled with stick-on earrings, glitter nail polish and candy.

2 comments:

Renee said...

I love that fancy kick! Too cute! Glad she is enjoying soccer!

Jennifer said...

So cute! I can't wait to watch her play. That wind up is hilarious! It's great she is a natural lefty though. If she sticks with it she will appreciate that later on. :)