Sunday, March 11, 2012

Meet Pepe

Pepe (pronounced Pep-ay) is the class mascot from Handley's class.  Each student gets to bring him home for a few days.  During this time the kids are supposed to take him places and have the parents document what they do together with pictures.  Before taking him back to school, each family writes up a little report to tell about what Pepe did at your house.  It's supposed to be in the kids' words and parents are encouraged to dictate what they say.  There is a notebook that all of the reports go in and we had fun reading all about Pepe's adventures with Handley's classmates.

Handley got to bring him home once before in the fall, but had been waiting and waiting for her name to be drawn to bring him home a second time.  Friday was her lucky day.  Below is a copy of what her report said, which was mostly in her own words.


On Friday afternoon, Pepe and I had a rest on the couch.  


 We watched Clifford. Then we played outside and he rode in Hudson’s car.  He thought that was really fun.


Next it was dinner time.  Pepe ate a good dinner with me and then was ready for bed.  He slept in my American Girl doll bed in my room.  

Saturday morning we had our garage sale.  Pepe helped out with the sale and then we went to my first soccer game.  He cheered for me and that helped me to score a goal!!!  


When we got home, we helped with the garage sale again and he even got to meet my Uncle Trey and Aunt Stefanie.  He thought they were fun.  

After that busy day, Pepe was sleepy, so it was off to bed for him.  
On Sunday he slept in while we went to church and then we played outside again.  Pepe got to swing and he loved swinging.  

Just before bed, he got introduced to something I love to do...body slams.  Body slams are when you throw somebody on the couch or bed.  I threw Pepe on the couch and he thought it was VERY fun. 


I would love for Pepe to come back to my house again!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Umm, and totally just realized you made her a soccer bow. ;) Love it!