Friday, January 13, 2012

Walking Buddies

For several months now Jen and I have been meeting once a week to walk and try to get a little exercise.  Since neither of us like to be cold during these winter months and we don't want our boys to turn into popsicles outside, we walk the mall....with all of the old people...and, we love it. :-)  Today we walked for an hour and it really only felt like 10 minutes.  It's fun to window shop, people watch, and of course, chat with my best friend.  Our husbands don't really believe that we can spend that much time in the mall and not do any real shopping, but it's true.  It's funny because the kiosk people who try to sell you hair extensions or other random goods or services eventually stop asking when they see us come by about the third time.

Cute little walking buddies
I look forward to our Thursday walking dates each week and I'm sure when Hudson isn't sleeping through part of the time, he will love it too. Today, he and Parker were eyeing each other as we headed to our cars and I am just so excited to watch these two grow up together and see how their friendship develops.  As soon as the warmer weather comes along this spring we'll definitely take our weekly date outdoors.  I'm sure by then the boys will be able to enjoy some playtime at a park after we get our exercise.  (Can you tell I'm already over the cold weather - I am not a fan.)  Until then though, we will continue to log miles at the mall each week.

1 comment:

Jen said...

:) love it! They were cracking me up at the end. I look forward to it every week!