Sunday, January 15, 2012

Two "firsts" for Hudson

We spent the weekend at the lake and although it was really cold, we had a great time and it was nice to have a change of scenery for a few days.  The main reason we went up there was so the guys could build a new walkway.  While they were working away outside, the girls were indoors keeping the kids entertained.  I can't believe I didn't get one picture of Handley and Harper with sweet little Leah, but they loved playing with her.  They also loved sticking close to Sarah's side.  Bryce and Sarah came up with us so that Bryce could help the guys with their project.  The first thing Handley and Harper would ask for in the morning was Sarah.  They wanted to sit with her, fix her hair, play tea party with her and basically bug her to death.  Sarah is SO sweet with all the kids though and she is surely meant to be a mama someday.  She was incredibly helpful to me all weekend and always seemed to step right in, right on cue, without me even asking for help.  Thank you, Sarah!


We also had a few firsts this weekend.  Saturday night was the first time all three kids took a bath together and they all loved it.


We tried it again tonight and I'm thinking this will become our new normal. I used to bathe Hudson, put him to bed, and then give the girls baths and go through their bedtime routine.  With all three in there together though, it saves me time and helps get the girls to bed earlier.

Another first for Hudson today was sitting in a restaurant high chair.  I've been wanting to put him in one, but since he is still a little wobbly I wasn't sure how he'd do.  At lunch on our way home I decided to give it whirl and I'm not sure why I was waiting. He sat there like such a big boy!


I love when we do something new with him because the girls get SO excited.  Also, all weekend long Handley kept saying, "I just wish Hudson knew how much I love him."  I explained to her that he definitely knows that she loves him because she tells him and shows him with hugs and kisses every chance she gets.  I know I've said it before, but she is so good with him and such a little mommy.  I don't know what I'd do without her sweet help.

No comments: