Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Easy Bake Oven

The start of this week didn't go quite as I had planned.  I had hoped to get some errands run, do some stuff around the house, and I had a few fun things planned to do with the kids.  I ended up having a severe allergic reaction to the amoxicillin I was taking for my strep last week and it left me with an awful rash and hives covering my body and face.  I had planned to go to the doctor this morning, but last night during dinner when it was getting worse instead of better, I made a split second decision to load everyone up and head to the urgent care down the street.  The receptionist rushed me through the check-in process because she felt so bad for me (and probably because I had 3 young kids with me nearing bedtime).  The kids were great and actually Robby was able to come meet me there.  I got a few "bless your heart"'s from nurses and workers there, so I knew it must have been bad.  The doctor confirmed what I had already discovered from my online research.  This morning I woke up miserable and didn't feel like the medicine I was prescribed was doing anything, but tonight I feel like a new person.  My face and chest just look like I have a sunburn and while I do still have the rash and hives, it no longer itches so I can totally deal with it.

The girls have been so sweet and have played together so well the past two days we've been at home.  It's like they knew I couldn't handle one more thing. People say that misery love company and Hudson has been pretty pitiful himself the past two days.  He has a tooth right on the verge of cutting through and he is not digging it.  I'm hoping that by tomorrow he will get some relief.

The girls and I did manage to squeeze in a little fun this afternoon.  Handley got an Easy Bake Oven for Christmas from Gigi and Papa and had been asking for the past week to try it out. Today was the day.




She decided to make cinnamon twist pretzel sticks with chocolate dipping sauce.  Sounds yummy, huh?  Well this was the final product.

Looks delicious, doesn't it?  :-) We might just try cookies next time. 
The girls gobbled them up and I guess with enough chocolate on it, anything will taste good. :-)

One other quick funny story that happened tonight.  When Handley wants to, she knows just what to say to push Harper's buttons and make her upset.  Handley likes to be in control and is happiest when things are going her way.  Tonight they got into some sort of disagreement and when I got to them to talk about what had happened Handley had a grin on her face.  I told her she needed to wipe that smirk off her face and she had no clue what I was talking about because she looked at me innocently and said, "OK, with a wipe or a washcloth or what?" Ha!  I couldn't help but laugh out loud.

5 comments:

Renee said...

I am glad you are feeling better. That is scary to get a reaction to medicine like that.

And Handley is too funny! Sometimes it is nice to just laugh at your kids when you are getting on to them!

Stacey said...

Hilarious! So sorry you have been sick....guess no more of that prescription for you, huh?

Stefanie said...

I'm glad you're feeling better! That didn't sound fun at all.

Julie, the mama said...

I'll throw in another Bless your heart. Glad it sounds like things are improving.

And HA! on the Handley story. That made me laugh out loud.

Carrie Davis said...

Carrie Beth - that sounds awful! I can't imagine having to take 3 kids to the urgent care while you are the one not feeling bad! Glad you are on the upswing!