Friday, January 20, 2012

Heart candy appetizer and Hudson's 6 month stats

On the days Harper isn't at school, she wishes she was.  Today she was under my feet the entire time Handley was at school and nothing I suggested for us to do seemed to interest her.  She helped me clean up a little around the house, did a little painting and had lunch, but the entire time she kept asking me why she couldn't be at school.  She missed her big sister and couldn't wait to go pick her up.  Harper was excited when Hudson finally woke up because it meant she had a playmate.



She was also thrilled to check the mail and find something addressed just to her.  Her excitement continued when she learned that Mimi had sent her some cute socks and her very own pack of conversation hearts (or heart candy as she calls it).  That girl can put down some heart candy.  I remember that last Valentine's she liked them a lot, too.  This morning when I was cooking her breakfast she asked me if she could have an appetizer before her waffle.  I suggested she munch on some cereal while she was waiting on her waffle, but she had something else in mind.  She tilted her head, smiled real sweetly, and asked if she could have some heart candy for her appetizer.  For the record, I let her have just one. :-)

This afternoon the girls loaded up for a sleepover with Gigi and Papa.  They couldn't wait for Gigi to arrive and I know they are having a blast with them. 


It sure was quiet around here this afternoon and I realized just how much Handley and Harper entertain Hudson when they are here.  Hudson took a long nap though, so I spent time cleaning out closets and organizing around the house.  When he woke up the two of us had some fun one-on-one playtime.  Robby picked up Stoney River take-out on his way home so we had a nice dinner date at home after Hudson went to bed.  It was the perfect way to end the day!


For my memory, I wanted to blog about Hudson's 6 month appointment on Wednesday.  He was such a flirt and showed off all his tricks for the doctor.  He had to get a few shots, but cried for just a second until I could pick him up.  Then, he was totally fine.  After his 4 month shots he was pretty pitiful for the rest of the day, but this time he was totally fine.  She did mention that his gums were really swollen, meaning that he will probably be getting more teeth soon.  He hasn't been eating much the past few days and I think that, and his night waking, is a result of him teething.  

Here are his 6 month stats: 

weight- 17 lb. 13 oz. (60th percentile)
length-  27 inches (70th percentile)
head- 17.25 inches (50th percentile)

1 comment:

Julie, the mama said...

LOVE those Harper/Hudson pictures.

Boss is like Harper. And that is why I am keeping my fingers crossed that the 5 morning a week class will have an opening for him next year. So sad to see him be gone for that many days, but his excitement does help soften the blow!

Would much rather us have this issue, than have them not ever want to go.