Thursday, January 5, 2012

Harper's First Ballet Class

Today was Harper's first ballet/tap class and she could not have been more excited.  For about a month now I have been telling her that she is going to get to take ballet and she could not wait for the day to arrive.  All week Handley had been giving her mini lessons and telling her all about the things she would get to do in the class.  The class she is taking is a 3 year old class, but the director allowed Harper to try it this month because she said Harper seemed, "outgoing" and she thought she would be OK without me.  I had been reminding Harper of this all day and telling her that she needed to act like a big girl 3 year old and that she had to follow directions.  As she was getting dressed she kept saying, "they don't know I'm not three" and as soon as she had her leotard and tights on she looked down and said, "I look so cute!" And, she did.


She waited patiently while Handley had her class and then when it was time for her to line up and go in she grabbed her bag and ran to her place.  She gave me a huge smile and a big wave as she entered the room. Handley was exiting at the same time and couldn't have been more excited for her baby sister to get to go in.  Seeing their interaction at that moment was so very sweet.

Waiting in line to go into the class
There are no windows in the room and we aren't allowed in so I was curious as to how she was doing.  During the class the director had been in and out a few times and she told me that Harper was doing a great job.  When the class ended, she came running out with a big smile on her face and the first thing she excitedly told me was, "I followed directions!"

All night she wanted to show off what she'd learned and she and Handley compared notes about their classes.  She didn't want to take of her dance clothes and I know she will be so excited about going back next week!

Today I am feeling so much better and we were able to get out and do a few things.  One of our stops was Target and I decided to let Hudson try sitting in the cart for the first time.  Being the laid back baby he is, it didn't seem to phase him.  I was making a big fuss about what a big boy he was and trying to get him excited, but he just kind of stared at me like it was no big deal.  The girls loved having him right in front of them.  And, in other big news, Hudson officially has his first tooth!


5 comments:

Kathy Mills said...

Oh that boy looks great in orange and blue:-)

Erica said...

Um, orange and blue?? :-)

Erica said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Renee said...

Harper looks so cute in her ballet clothes!!

Julie, the mama said...

I can just imagine how happy Harper must have been, and that story about Handley getting so excited for her sister had me tearing up.

The next time y'all are in Target, how bout picking up that boy some red and black.