Monday, January 16, 2012

Hudson - 6 months


Hudson is 6 months old today!  I've always said that 6-12 months is my favorite age and it is definitely proving to be true with Hudson.  I could just tell we were approaching the 6 month mark when he started becoming increasingly social and expressive.  Don't get me wrong, I love that I can now have detailed conversations with Handley and I think it's a hoot to watch Harper at her age, but there is just something about a sweet baby learning and discovering all sorts of new things each day that has me enamored.  The girls love chatting with him, singing to him, making him laugh, and loving on him every chance they get.



I take him for his 6 month check-up in a couple of days, so I'll post about his height and weight then, but I'm thinking he is still going to be on the bigger side.  He is solid and has some awesome chunky thighs.


At 6 months Hudson:

  • takes 3 naps a day.  The first two are usually on the go and the third is a good long one in the crib.  However, on days I can be home for his morning nap, that one is usually a long, 2 hour nap. 
  • totally stinks at his nighttime sleep. * see note below
  • takes a paci when he is tired.
  • nurses 5 times a day (and some at night)
  • is eating baby food (fruits and veggies) 3 times a day and seems to like everything I feed him. 
  • eats Cheerios and can pick them up by himself, but most of them end up on the floor.  We still help him to actually get one in his mouth.
  • loves his feet and trying to get his toes into his mouth.
  • can give big slobbery kisses and likes to give them to all of us, all the time. 
  • is a snuggler.  
  • can sit unassisted for 30 seconds to a minute at a time, but still falls over to the side or back, so when he is on the floor playing I still put a boppy around him to cushion his fall or help him get back on balance. 
  • is still really laid back and happy most of the time. 
  • laughs, babbles, coos and makes all sorts of fun faces and expressions now. 
  • has 2 bottom teeth and thinks is funny when I brush them. 
  • discovered tags and now finds them on every toy or blanket he has.  He likes grabbing on to them and trying to put them in his mouth. 
He found the tag
*Nighttime sleep - So my good little sleeper is not doing so good any more.  I think part of it was when he was teething he was absolutely miserable and waking several times a night because of that so now he is just used to waking.  I know if I did some sleep training with him he would sleep better, but I just haven't had it in me, yet.  I have had success with two different methods for the girls, but with Hudson, there always seems to be something waking him up (leaked through his diaper, frequent gas pains, he poops sometimes at night, etc.) so I've been trying to work through those things first.  I'm sure when I decide to take action I'll do a whole post about it, so stay tuned for that...  Until then, I'm going to just soak up those middle of the night snuggle times because I know that this too shall pass and I'll be wishing for these days back again. 

Giving me big kisses - photo courtesy of Handley
Handley's turn for a kiss

4 comments:

Ashleigh Finger said...

He is too precious!! Love those kisses! He resembles Harper to me in his pictures but I'm sure you get told something different from different people. I can't believe he has 2 teeth! poor Kate has none but we too are having our share of sleepless nights so she may be close!

Jen said...

Look at those cute cheeks!! :) I live big sloppy baby kisses...gets me everytime :). He is such a cutie and getting so big so fast

Kathy Mills said...

You are such a wise and experienced mommy! That little man is a cutie!

Jason, Erin, Ella, and Colin said...

I love, love, love the kiss pictures:)