Thursday, November 10, 2011

What a week!

Another week has flown by and I can't believe we are nearing the middle of November.  I really wish I could just slow time for a little while.  The beginning of our week started off pretty rough.  Sunday night, both girls woke up with a stomach bug and were up most of the night.  It was quite an adventure for all of us.  Robby made them a bed on the floor in our room with a bucket on either side for each of them.  Despite the fact that they couldn't even keep down water, they were both happy to sleep like they were camping. Around 4 AM everyone finally was feeling better and drifted into a good sleep.  They woke up chipper and feeling back to themselves, just tired from being up all night.  We relaxed around the house all day so they could rest and get better while I scrubbed and cleaned and did laundry ALL day long.  Monday evening I started feeling off and texted Robby to come home as soon as he could.  Somehow I got Hudson to bed and as soon as Robby showed up I went off to bed myself.  The stomach bug ended up hitting me later that night and I was not so lucky to bounce back as quick as the kids did.  I felt weak most of the day Tuesday, but by afternoon I was finally feeling more like myself.  On top of all that, Handley's pink eye showed up again on Tuesday morning so she is back on the eye drops again.  Thankfully the girls were out of school on Tuesday because of election day so we had another restful day at home.

We were all excited for Wednesday to arrive because it meant that everyone was feeling 100% again and it also meant that Great-Grandma was arriving.  She is here visiting this week so after school we made our way to Gigi and Papa's house.  The girls created turkey projects and made cookies with Grandma and Gigi while Hudson and I did a little Christmas shopping and then we all had dinner.  Grandma couldn't get over how much the girls had changed since last year when we were in Florida visiting and she also LOVED getting to finally meet our sweet little Hudson.



This morning Handley and I had a dentist appointment so Gigi and Grandma were sweet enough to come babysit Hudson for me (Harper was a school).  All was going great until I got the text from Gigi saying Hudson would not take the bottle.  At all.  Not even a tiny sip.  My heart sank.  He's been doing so great taking a bottle (usually once a week) and him having a bottle means a little freedom for me.  Handley was this exact age when she started refusing a bottle and, despite my efforts, she never got back on track.  I'm really hoping that I can keep trying with Hudson and get him used to it again.  Besides that  little hic-up, it was a fantastic day.  Handley had a great time at the dentist and was excited to show everyone her "goodie bag" with the new toothbrush, flosser, toothpaste and the squishy ball prize she picked out for being a good patient.  I was so proud of her!

4 comments:

Jason, Erin, Ella, and Colin said...

Wow! What a week!! Colin was off and on with the bottle his whole first year; I am sorry to hear you are going through that with Hudson. Just keep trying, and I am sure things will get back on track:) Could he be ready for a faster flow nipple? That was one of the things that worked for Colin.

Stefanie said...

So glad to hear you all are feeling better!

Allie Sutton said...

My goodness girl! That IS quite the week. Happy to hear they are all feeling better.

Julie, the mama said...

Oh, bless you. What a week you had!

Hope everyone is on the mend now.