Monday, November 21, 2011

Blogging from Charleston!

Today the kids and I made the drive to Charleston to meet up with my parents and my brother, Cameron.  A family friend is getting married here this weekend so we're spending the week at a beach house and celebrating Thanksgiving here.  The rest of the family will join us in a few days and I am so looking forward to a big family Thanksgiving together.

The drive was surprisingly quick and easy with all three kids.  Hudson slept most of the way and besides being asked every 10 minutes how much longer, the girls stayed entertained with games and movies.

They were SO excited when we arrived.  The house we're renting is just perfect.  There is a huge backyard complete with a slide and a giant sandbox.  We spent the rest of the afternoon outside enjoying the great weather and all the fun.  The girls also had a blast helping Cameron walk his dog and soaking up all the Mimi and Dadaw time.






Also had to post about Hudson's first time in the exersauser this past weekend.  He seemed a little overwhelmed by all of the toys at first, but then warmed up to the idea and had fun standing in it.


The girls were excited to see him trying it out and Handley exclaimed, "I have to go get my camera and take a picture of this for Facebook."  HA! It cracked me up because I never say that and although I do enjoy Facebook, I rarely post pictures on there.  I do, however, say that I need to take a picture for the blog.  Just funny the technology age our kids are growing up in.

1 comment:

Julie, the mama said...

That house looks great, and what a wonderful excuse to get everyone together in such an awesome place! Your first Thanksgiving as a family of 5 and you get to share it with your whole family. Awesome!!!