Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Last Day in Charleston

Our last day in Charleston was a great one.  Saturday morning we went to Battery Park right on the water in downtown Charleston. I remember going there as a kid and my brothers and I climbing on the old cannons they have there.  What I remember about it now having visited as an adult are the big, beautiful oak trees that fill the entire park.  It was a gorgeous day and a great way to spend the morning.

Only a father would pretend to shoot their baby from a cannon! Hudson does love "flying" though so he was amused. 



The girls had so much fun checking out the water, climbing on the cannons, and running around playing green-light/red-light.  The other thing they loved seeing were the horse drawn carriages touring around downtown.


When I could get everyone herded in one location I had us all posing for a potential Christmas card photo.  Easier said than done, even with my candy bribes. :-) I think we got some good ones, but I'll save the winner for a little later.
 


After the park we went home to watch UGA beat GA TECH (How 'bout them Dawgs?!?!) and then got ready for the wedding and the real reason we were spending the week in Charleston.  My dad's best friend's daughter was the one getting married and they had such a neat wedding.  Their reception was laid back and casual which was fine by me, especially since we had all 3 kids in tow.  Handley found a flower earlier in the day that she held onto until she could give it to the bride.  She was very curious about the entire ceremony and loved watching it.  Perhaps the favorite part of the evening was the s'mores station they had set up by a big fire pit.  It was the neatest idea and so many people hung around the fire all night!


Before departing to get the kids to bed the girls graced the dance floor with my dad (who loves to dance) and had a ball.  They thought they were big stuff out there twirling around.


Now we are back home and trying to get things in order for Christmas!  Our elf showed up this morning, the kids have been wearing Christmas clothes and pj's since Monday, and we are constantly singing Christmas carols.  I just LOVE this time of year and the kids seem to be loving it too!

One quick update on Hudson with the cereal.  Although he seems to really love eating the cereal, it did not love him back.  He's always had issues with gas, but since starting the cereal it has been OUT OF CONTROL.  He was waking up to 5 times a night in pain because of the gas and couldn't nap well either.  I decided to hold off for a while and let his poor little digestive system have a break and then I might start back up with something other than cereal.  I've been doing a lot of reading that supports introducing certain fruits and veggies as a babies first food, so I'll probably try that instead in a few weeks.

3 comments:

Jason, Erin, Ella, and Colin said...

Love the family pictures! Considering you are holding off on showing "the winner," I can't wait to see that one because those two were GREAT!! Everyone looking is all I ask for these days--haha! I love the pictures of the girls dancing with you dad:)

Also, you know Colin had tummy troubles too. We had to stay 100% away from cereal (rice and oatmeal), so we always did fiber rich fruits and veggies (sweet potatoes, green beans, peas, pears, peaches, plums, and prunes). I am sure Hudson will do much better with those foods! I am sorry he is having tummy troubles; I know that just breaks your heart!

Ashleigh Finger said...

Great family pictures!! I hope things get straightened out for Mr. Hudson. I have heard oatmeal was better on tummies than rice. I know it stinks having any issues with new foods. I'm hoping we finally found a formula I can supplement with on Kate.

Samantha said...

Very impressed with the family pics -- my own recent attempts have pretty much been disasters. Harper getting her haircut is too precious -- but I'm sure you hate to cut it at all -- it's so beautiful. Wish I had some advice about the cereal -- time will help him work through it I'm sure and he's lucky he has mommy's milk!