Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Hudson - 4 months


Hudson is 4 months old today. Last month I remember writing about how he had an adorable smile, but that we really had to work for it.  That has all changed though because now he is ALL smiles (unless I put the camera in his face) and he is such a happy little boy.  Today I took him for his 4 month check-up and learned that not only is he a happy boy, but also a big boy.


Here are his stats:
Weight - 15 lbs. 9 oz. (75th percentile)
Length - 26 inches (85-90th percentile)
Head - 16.5 inches (50th percentile)


That might explain why I recently had to pull out his 6 month clothing.  The doctor told me he was perfect and I'd have to agree.  He still isn't rolling over, although he has done it one or two times as a fluke.  I really think that part of the reason is that he is just happy and content when I put him on the floor so he doesn't have too much motivation to roll anywhere.  That, and the fact that the girls are constantly right on top of him and giving him every toy or bit of attention he could ever want.  However, he is definitely a squirmer and can wiggle around like crazy on the floor.


At 4 months he:

  • has found his fingers and keeps them in his mouth most of the day
  • takes 3 naps a day (the first two are usually on the go and he gets a good afternoon nap in the crib)
  • is sleeping 11-12 hours most nights
  • still takes his paci when he is sleepy
  • is now sleeping with his arms unswaddled 
  • is becoming attached to his little lovey blanket when he sleeps
  • lights up when Handley or Harper come near him and will arch his back and almost flip upside down to get a good look at them if he hears them behind him
  • enjoys sitting in his Bebe Pod/Bumbo seats
  • can grasp toys and bring them to his mouth
  • still isn't interested in a bottle***

***I dealt with this with Handley when she was a baby and she stopped taking a bottle at almost the exact same age.  It might sound awful to some, but it really wasn't that big of a deal.  I could get her to take a little milk from a sippy cup as she got older and obviously when she started eating food it was much easier for me to be away from her for longer periods of time, if needed.  However, those times are pretty rare for me.  Four months have already flown by with Hudson and I feel like knowing he is my last baby, I'm fine with having to be tied to him for feedings for this first year.  

1 comment:

Ashleigh Finger said...

How cute! He is a big boy :) Kate still isn't rolling over very much either. I agree with you, they are too content to worry about rolling. She can inch her way across the floor but no rolls :) I know you enjoy him so much!