Friday, January 14, 2011

PJ's, Name Writing, and Body-Slams

Because of the icy roads I told Handley that we wouldn't be going anywhere yesterday morning.  That is when she proclaimed that she wanted to stay in her PJ's all day.  While Harper and I got dressed, she succeeded in her mission.  At dinner she told me, "I just can't believe I stayed in my pajamas all day...that is just ridiculous!"  I'm happy to say that this morning all 3 of us got dressed and ventured out of the house.  We played with friends and grabbed lunch at our favorite spot.  It was so nice to be out and thankfully with the warmer temperatures the roads were almost clear.

Yesterday while we are stuck at home I had Handley practice writing her name.  She can do it, but we hadn't practiced in a while so she was a little rusty.  After going round and round she finally gave in and did it a few times.  I told her we were going to do it everyday from here on out so that it would keep getting easier for her.  She wasn't thrilled with that idea, but she was thrilled to show Robby this evening how well she can write it and was SO proud of herself.




 The night ended with some body-slams.  Might sound like something from a wrestling show, but in all actuality it's one of Handley and Harper's favorite things for Robby to do with them when he gets home from work.  He lifts them above his head while they are squealing with delight and then he "slams" them onto the couch (very carefully).  They laugh uncontrollably and beg for him to do it again and again.


2 comments:

Julie, the mama said...

Handley is writing her name so good. I love that you dated that piece of paper. Perfect for the baby book.

That comment about wearing pjs being "ridiculous" got me so tickled.

Ashleigh Finger said...

I love it! I used to have my Daddy do that exact same thing. So precious! Hope your feeling good :)