Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Harper, the middle child

For some time now, we've joked that Harper would be her perfect middle child.  She's totally got the personality for it and I am happy to finally announce that she is going to get to live out that role for the rest of her life.  We are expecting our 3rd (and final) baby in July!!!!!  I've kept it a secret from most everyone for way longer than I originally intended on, but I'm 13 weeks today and everything looks fantastic.  

I had a doctor's appointment today.  I was worried that I might not get to go with all of the snow and ice that is still around.  Plus, I was nervous to drive my new car with all the icy road conditions.  The girls and I met Robby at work so he could come with us.  We were happy to learn that the baby looks healthy and is growing right on track.  


The most exciting piece of news we received was that my doctor is 99% sure our baby is a BOY!!!!!!!!!!! (We'll find out 100% next month, but we're pretty positive he was correct). We're finally going to be adding some blue into all the pink in our household.  Handley's first reaction was that she wanted another girl, but once the news set in, she was excited.  I wasn't surprised.  This pregnancy has been completely opposite of how I felt with the girls and my gut was telling me boy.  To be honest, the thought of a boy makes me a little nervous and unsure because I live in such a "girl" world right now.  However, I am very excited about being the mom of a boy and getting to experience all the boy things too. Robby is over the moon and can't wait to re-live his childhood wild side with a partner in crime.  

Harper can say that there is a baby in my belly and when we are out and about and she hears a baby crying in the store she usually does 3 things.  1) She announces that she hears a baby. 2) She lifts up my shirt, points to my belly and says "baby." 3) She lifts up her shirt, points to her belly, and says "baby." Handley is thrilled with the idea of another baby coming into our family.  She has already promised me that she is going to be an excellent helper and would like to feed the baby, hold the baby, buckle the baby and give the baby a paci.  I told her she could help "babysit" and that I'd pay her with Pez candy.  She keeps reminding me I told her that so I guess I need to stock up on Pez. 

And because every post is more fun with pictures, here is one of the girls playing sleep-over this morning.  

Today was day 3 of the snow/ice and we aren't the least bit stir-crazy yet.  Robby headed back to work today after two days home.  School is cancelled again tomorrow and I'm kind of glad.  They've had so much fun playing together and are great at keeping each other entertained.  I feel like their imagination and creativity get exercised when we are doing nothing but staying at home and it's a nice change to our usual very busy schedule.  

11 comments:

Julie, the mama said...

This post just makes me so happy. Congratulations.

Carrie Davis said...

AHHHHHH!!! Congratulations - and a BOY! I have just loved having Max - boys are just so sweet. Girls are too, of course, but there is just something about a little boy :)

LORI said...

Congrats girlie!!! I hear ya on not knowing what to do with a boy...we're in princess heaven over here too! :)

Atkinson Family said...

I have been waiting and waiting for this post! A big Congratulations from all of the Atkinsons! We can't wait to meet that little boy! You are a fantastic Mom and know you will make it a breeze! You will probably just struggle make his outfits match the girls, but it won't take you long to figure it out (haha!) Congratulations!

Renee said...

CONGRATS!!!!! I was scared of having a boy too! What exciting news!!

Katie Jones said...

Congratulations! I've only had one for about five months, but so far I think boys are SOOO much fun... and they totally love their mamas!

Jason, Erin, Ella, and Colin said...

I KNEW IT!! I don't know why, but I was waiting to hear this news:) I am so excited for you guys....I am planning my dinner menu now to bring over when baby boy Posener arrives! I felt the exact same way about a boy: a bit nervous after being familiar with the little girl world. But I can assure you (and I know you already know it), it is so very special to have a boy!

Alison LeBlanc said...

Woah! Congratulations! I am so happy for you. I have to agree with the other commenters- I knew this post was coming soon. I am surprised by the boy part though. That should definitely add some excitement. Wow! So awesome!!!

Erin said...

Congrats, so excited for you guys. I was thinking about you the other day wondering if you guys were planning on more kiddos, what fun news! Keeping fingers crossed for the boy, it will be fun to experience both genders. Hope your pregnancy goes well!

Erica said...

Congratulations!! Corey is SO jealous that Robby is getting a boy :-)!! So happy for you guys.

Allison D said...

CONGRATS, Poseners! Wow, you've come a long way!