Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Parker is here!!!!!!

Yesterday, Jen gave birth to her precious baby boy (and my future son's BFF).  Parker arrived at 10:33 AM.  He was 5 lbs. 6 oz. and 18.5 inches long. 


He is a tiny little guy, but the most perfect and precious baby boy.  It was discovered that Parker had stopped growing so they decided to induce Jen just a little early so they could start feeding him and helping him to grow.  We thought he wouldn't arrive until late last night, so you can imagine how excited I was yesterday morning when I got a message from Justen that he was almost here.  I started tearing up just thinking about the amazing feeling of becoming parents for the first time and I was overwhelmed with joy knowing that Jen and Justen would get to experience that.  They are already wonderful parents and I can't wait to watch them as they adjust to their new roles.  

I got to visit this morning and was so excited to get my hands on sweet Parker.  He's a good 2  lbs. smaller than my girls where when they were born, so he seemed like a baby doll to me.  


I was so impressed with how well Jen was doing and how laid back she was as a new mom.  And, not to leave anyone out, Justen is doing great in his new role of Daddy, too.  :-)  


Congratulations Jen and Justen!!!  We are all thrilled with the news of Parker's arrival and the girls can't wait to meet him in person.

4 comments:

Alison LeBlanc said...

He is beautiful! I can't wait to meet him as well!

Erica said...

He is positively precious! Please tell Jen and Justen congratulations from us.

Julie, the mama said...

Precious! Precious! Precious! And how fun that your boys will be so close together in age. Oh, those poor little boys are going to be bossed around for years to come by Handley and Harper!

I always tear up too when my friends have babies for the first time. What a special time it is to welcome that new baby, and embark on this incredible journey.

Jason, Erin, Ella, and Colin said...

I am so happy for her! I know she will be an AWESOME mom!!!