Monday, January 24, 2011

Memaw's funeral and Spring Fever

My grandmother's funeral was this weekend and although it was a very emotional day for all of us, it was a wonderful service and tribute to her life.  Her church was packed full of friends and family members.  The entire family was able to be there and it was so nice to have the support and understanding of everyone.  One thing I didn't mention in my previous post was that it was very important for Memaw to know if our baby was going to be a boy or a girl before she passed.  I'm SO thankful that we were able to find out early and that she knew we would be having a son.  Even though she won't be here to meet him, I know she will be smiling down from Heaven watching as our family grows.



After the services her church provided a wonderful meal for our large family.  Talk about true southern hospitality.  They had quite a spread and it was nice for us to all be able to visit and have a little laughter in our day watching the kids play.  We also took advantage of us all being together and took some pictures.
My mom and her brothers

Memaw's 11 grandchildren

All the great-grandchildren

My family
Today we enjoyed the warmer weather (temperatures above 50) and walked to the playground.  The kids had so much fun and it gave me major spring fever.  I miss my daily walks and our outside playtime. I'm hoping the warmer weather will not be too far away.  (Yes, I do realize that it's still January, but I'm still hoping for warmer weather.)  The kids loved swinging, drawing with chalk, playing hop-scotch, and just running around.



Handley and Avery had fun making "bird nests" out of an old hay bale 

Then Dylan and Harper got in on the action. 

2 comments:

Julie, the mama said...

Those girls in those precious outfits with those pink boots just make my heart so happy. How stinkin' cute are they??????

So glad everyone got to be at the funeral. Those pictures will be true treasures for generations to come.

Ashleigh Finger said...

So Sorry about your grandmother. I'm glad you got to find out about this new baby early too. It was just meant to be :)