Sunday, January 9, 2011

My NEW car!!!

The highlight of the weekend was getting my NEW car!!!  Robby and I have been looking at, test driving, and comparing new cars for months.  We test drove one on New Years Eve that we both loved, but I thought we had decided to wait at least a few more months before making a decision and really buying something.  Well, Robby had other thoughts and apparently was sure this was the one.  He came home from work on Monday and told Handley, "Tell Mommy she got a new car today."  WHAT!?!?!?  I was shocked, surprised and so excited.  Those who know Robby know that he is the most financially responsible person around so for him to go and do this was a huge shock. When I explained to Handley we were getting a new car she asked what color.  I told her white and she made a face and proceeded to tell me that she liked pink or purple cars most...not white.


Robby picked it up this weekend and when he got home Handley had changed her tune.  She went running outside and said, "Mom, you aren't going to believe this...TA-DA" as she pointed to the car.  :-)  She and Harper were eager to climb in and couldn't wait to start pushing every button they could get their hot little hands on (which led us to have a discussion about not pushing every button they could get their hot little hands on).



I have to say a HUGE THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU to my awesome husband!!!

The rest of the weekend was pretty low key.  We enjoyed dinner out with some friends and then spent the rest of the weekend getting hyped up about all the snow expected here tomorrow.

6 comments:

Julie, the mama said...

LOVE. LOVE. LOVE that new car of yours! What a sweet husband!

Ashleigh Finger said...

Love it! That is a very nice surprise!!

Jason, Erin, Ella, and Colin said...

Yay! I am so glad you got it:)

Kathy Mills said...

Super excited for you!!! Love that new car smell:-)

Renee said...

Nice!! It is beautiful!

Kelli said...

I know it’s been a while now, but wow! You got a very sweet husband! I can imagine your surprise when you saw the car. It’s really beautiful! Not to mention that you fell in love with it the moment you test-drove it.

Sarah Erwin