Thursday, April 8, 2010

A quick visit to Wilmington

This week the girls and I took a quick trip up to Wilmington to visit my parents.  We flew up on Monday and rode back with them today since they were heading down for Harper's birthday this weekend.  I'm not sure which was more enjoyable...trying to keep Harper still and happy on my lap for the 1.5 hour flight or riding in the backseat, between the girls' big car seats for 7.5 hours.  :-)  Either way, it was a great few days and I'm so happy that we got to go up there.  At home I stay so busy and never stop.  However, when I'm up there I enjoy relaxing, visiting with family and actually getting to lay down during nap time.  

This week was gorgeous so we spent some time in the blow up pool. 

We also got to spend some time visiting with Paxton, the little boy my mom keeps.  Handley and Harper both adore him.  Handley was holding the bat upside down and trying to hit the ball, so Paxton had to come to her rescue and show her how it was done. 

Every time we loaded up to go anywhere I loved looking back and seeing all 3 of them filling up the backseat.  I asked my mom if it brought back memories of her having 3 young kids in tow?
One afternoon we went to Chick-fil-a and Harper enjoyed her very first kids meal.  She almost ate every single bite of her nuggets.  And if you look closely in the picture below, you'll see she was in the middle of enjoying some ice-cream when the cow came by to say hello. 
Bless her heart...when we went into the playground area she wanted so badly to keep up with the older kids.  She tired her hardest to climb up the giant steps to the slide and had fun just squealing with excitement and watching Handley and Paxton play.  
We also got to visit with my aunts, uncles and cousins.  We all went to dinner at Capt'n Bills (my uncle's restaurant) for dinner.  Handley loved playing with my cousin's daughter, Blythe, and Harper got to enjoy her first taste of hush puppies and sweet tea!  

Now we are gearing up for Harper's first birthday on Saturday.  Stay tuned for lots of pictures from our fun filled weekend. 

4 comments:

Erica said...

Glad y'all had a good time visiting your family. Looking forward to the party tomorrow!

Jason, Erin, Ella, and Colin said...

What a fun trip!!

Atkinson Family said...

I know you loved every second with your parents and you deserve a rest! You have been so busy. We can't wait to see you gals and I am thrilled about the slideshow!

Julie, the mama said...

I so know what you mean about being able to rest when you get home to your mama. I always come home from my parents so refreshed.

Can't wait to see pics from Harper's 1st Bday Bash.