Saturday, April 24, 2010

Girls Night

I have a group of girlfriends that get together once a month for a girls night out.  Sometimes its a simple as dinner or a movie and other times we do something really different and fun like painting!  Last night we went to a place called Just for Giggles.  A teacher leads the class and gives step by step directions to create a painting.  The instructors make sure that everyone goes home with a painting that looks good.  If anyone is looking for a fun night out I would definitely recommend this!  We all had a blast chatting, sipping wine, and creating our masterpieces.  It was neat to see how all of our paintings looked the same, but different. 



4 comments:

Katie Jones said...

Oh my gosh, are those girls next to you Kari Abernathy and Lizzie Hamrick? (I know those aren't their married names.) I grew up next door to Kari - her little sister Kelly is a good friend of mine and is in Katie Anne's birthday party pictures on my blog - and I played soccer with both Lizzie and Kari in high school! Small world!!!

The Dillards said...

My roomie from college and I are going to something called Sips and Strokes in a week or so that is just that concept. Your paintings look great. This makes me more excited to do it myself.

Julie, the mama said...

Do you know anyone who isn't crazy talented???? Good grief.

Still, happy to be your token "doesn't have a talent in the world but knows a lot of folks who know how to do a lot of stuff" friend!

The paintings look great!

Lizzi said...

It was a lot of fun...

And Hi Katie, yes it is Lizzi and Kari from High School. Small world!

Lizzi