Saturday, April 3, 2010

Neighborhood Easter Egg Hunt



This morning was our neighborhood Easter Egg Hunt.  I somehow volunteered myself to head it up this year, but I had a lot of help and it turned out to be a great event with awesome weather! We had over 65 kids, 3 huge plastic Rubbermaid tubs full of eggs for them to find, and lots of fun for all!   The Easter Bunny made an appearance and after the hunt there were cookies, cupcakes, juice boxes for everyone to enjoy.  




Chloe, Avery, and Handley after the hunt
Harper with her birthday-mate and next door neighbor, Calvin

I plopped Harper down in the middle of the "under 2" section and she was happy to grab a few eggs and play with them. 
She really loves her basket and even tried to put it on as hat. :-)  Too bad I didn't get a picture of that! 
Handley and Addyson

***The lavender dresses the girls wore to the hunt today were the ones my mom made for them. They looked so precious in them, but as soon as we got home they changed into some play clothes.  Anyone who reads my blog regularly will see the girls in these dresses again tomorrow for Easter Sunday! 

4 comments:

Julie, the mama said...

ok, so I would normally go on and on and on about the AMAZING job you did planning the hunt...

BUT the GORGEOUS dresses on the girls kinda overshadowed your hard work. The color is simply gorgeous on both girls, and dresses are beautiful.

Happy Easter to y'all!

Atkinson Family said...

Great job on the hunt! It was so much fun and everything turned out perfectly! The girls looked precious in their new dresses! I hope you had a wonderful Easter day!

Jason, Erin, Ella, and Colin said...

It looks like you guys had a lot of fun!!!

Alison LeBlanc said...

Wow, I am impressed with you (again :))! The hunt looks like it was a lot of fun! So funny that they develop a competitive drive so early. I had no idea Finnan even remembered what and egg hunt was until Sunday and he was relentless!