Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Harper's "Yummy Face"

Last week I found out Harper had cut her top two molars without my even knowing about it. Let's just say that has not been the case with the bottom molar that she is cutting this week.  She's been miserable, is having a hard time sleeping and hardly wanting to eat because it hurts her little mouth when she tries to chew anything.  

That was not the case on Saturday morning though when she got to taste pancakes with syrup for the first time. Yummy!  She's had plain pancakes before, but the syrup on these were a special treat for my girl with a major sweet tooth. 

The video below might only be entertaining to me and her grandparents, but a few things to notice: 

-Harper using her fork very well
-She does what we like to call her "yummy face" (she closes her eyes and purses her lips).  She usually does this face when she tastes something really good (like sweets) and Handley gets excited to point out when Harper does her "yummy face."  I had to prompt her to do it, but she usually does it on her own.  I just wanted to be sure to catch it on video.
-she signs her version of "more."  She doesn't do the sign correctly, but it's what she uses for "more" and I know what it means.  She does it once and then gets mad at me because I ask her to do it again instead of giving her the pancakes. Ha! 



4 comments:

Kalai Winlly said...

Your daughter is very quiet, and probably not new, it is stunningly beautiful! :) My cousin in December will have two years, and the fork will not allow yourself to take him, because he is so busy that him wrong things.

GREETING FROM POLAND ! :)

Erica said...

I love that yummy face!!

Erica said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennifer said...

Love that yummy face. And I love her crazy hair. :)