Monday, April 12, 2010

Harper - 12 months



As Harper's first birthday kept approaching I was really having a hard time with the idea that my baby was going to be 1!  However, the week before her birthday she really started doing all sorts of fun things and I think that got me excited for the next phase.  She's learning so many new things each day and I know that it will just continue over these next months.  In practically a day she learned how to say 4 animal sounds and has proven to me that she understands what I tell her more and more.  She's also getting good at "talking" and communicating with me.  It's so much fun to see how she and Handley interact and the way they play.  I know Harper can't wait to start walking so she can really keep up with her.  


Today was her 12 month check-up.  As the doctor was checking out her mouth she commented that Harper is getting/had gotten 2 of her upper molars and that the bottom ones were about to come in.  I couldn't believe my eyes when I looked, but she was right!  I never even knew she was getting those teeth. 

weight - 21 lbs. 7 oz. (55th percentile)
length - 28 1/2 inches (45th percentile) 
head circumference - 18 in (75th percentile)

At 12 months she:
  • thinks it is lots of fun to wash her hands and brush her teeth
  • likes to pretend to "wash" me using a tissue, a wipe, or even her sock
  • knows a few animal sounds (dog, cow, duck, owl, lion)
  • can sign more, all done, and cookie
  • says a handful of words (Dada, Mama, snack, night-night, more, no-no, that)
  • has started standing for a few seconds on her own and continues to take one step unassisted. (I give her a few weeks before she'll be walking everywhere!) 
  • loves to eat sweets
  • likes to brush my hair
  • still takes 2 naps a day
  • is very attached to Mommy
  • loves playing ball
  • has reached the "I love to put things in" phase (she enjoys seeing what things she can fit in cups, buckets, or baskets)
  • has 10 teeth!
And just because this little girl was such a sweet big sister today, I had to share a pic of her too! 


5 comments:

Carrie Davis said...

Harper is so sweet, i love her blue eyes. Happy Birthday to her! Looks like you are getting to know your camera - the pics are great!

Justin and Kristin said...

Carrie Beth- Your girls are adorable! My daughter, Connor, just turned one a couple of weeks ago and it was neat to read about what Harper was doing. Isn't it so sweet? I just love watching her grow! I hope you are doing well!

Allison D said...

Happy Birthday, Harper! I can't believe she is one year old already....wow! And I totally agree with Carrie, your pix are really getting good!

Julie, the mama said...

Those eyes...those cheeks....I know you have a hard time not just eating her up with a spoon!

Cute, cute pictures of both girls.

Kathy Mills said...

Just beautiful! Both of them:-)