Friday, April 23, 2010

Lollipop

Today after we dropped Handley off at school Harper and I headed to the Dr.  She had been vomiting just once every 48 hours or so for the past week.  Nothing seemed to provoke it and since it was still happening I decided to take her in before the weekend.  Well turns out that the runny nose and congestion caused by her teething was getting to her stomach and upsetting it.  Thankfully it's nothing to worry about and the Dr. felt confident that molar would be in by the weekend!  Hallelujah!  

On top of all though though, we discovered she has another ear infection.  We're trying a different antibiotic this time in hopes to clear it up for good.  

I brought Handley a lollipop from the pediatrician's office and gave it to hear after we got her at school this afternoon.  Handley usually shares hers but was wanting to have it all to herself today so I figured since Harper had been a trooper this week, she deserved her very own.  Just look how happy it made her! 

And yes, I was VERY brave letting her eat it in the car seat, but she actually did a great job of just keeping all the sticky mess on her hands and face.  And boy did she get mad at me when I took it away to try to clean her up when we got home. 

2 comments:

Julie, the mama said...

Hope that ear infection is gone soon, and those teeth arrive in a hurry!

Happy Weekend!

Erica said...

Poor thing! I hope she feels better soon. She's way too cute to be sick!! Hopefully her new medicine (and that lollipop) are helping :-)