Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Weekend update

We had a good weekend besides the fact that Harper was still not acting like herself.  I've hardly been able to put her down so that's why I'm just now getting around to blogging about it.  Saturday the hunt for the perfect rug continued (I brought Robby along this time to prove to him it's hard to find a really big rug for the amount of money he is willing to let me spend).  The girls did great on our shopping trip and we rewarded them with lunch at our favorite spot, Chick-fil-a.  

Saturday afternoon we had a princess birthday party for Handley and Harper's friend Addyson.  We met Addyson right after we moved in the neighborhood when she was only 8 months old.  She and Handley became friends very early on and I can't believe she is 3 already!  Her mom planned the perfect princess party, complete with a castle the girls all loved playing in.  I was excited to dress the girls in the princess outfits I'd made for them when we took our trip to Disney this fall.  They were both a little small, but worked just fine for the party.  

Avery, Addyson (the birthday girl) and Handley in the castle
Handley checking out the karaoke 
Some of the moms from the neighborhood 

After the birthday party we rushed home to greet Gigi and Papa who had agreed to come over for the evening so we could go to dinner/game-night at our neighbor's.  It was so much fun and I feel so lucky to have such great in-laws who love to come over and be with our girls so we can still do fun adult stuff.  

Sunday was spent relaxing and trying to figure out what was going on with Harper.  After another day of her still fighting a fever and not acting like the happy baby I know I took her back to the doctor today to learn she does in fact have an ear infection.  Boo!  I just wish I would have known sooner.  I feel bad for holding out and thinking it was the tooth that was coming in this weekend causing her fever and unhappiness.  Now she's on antibiotics though so I'm hoping she'll be back to her happy self before too long.  

4 comments:

Atkinson Family said...

Poor Harper! You already did the good Mommy thing and had her checked last week! I am just so sorry it hung on and caused an ear infection. I hope everyone wakes up happy! I also can't wait till you find that perfect rug! Let me know if I can watch the girls while you shop!

Erica said...

Poor Harper. I hope she feels better soon.

Alison LeBlanc said...

Ear infections are so tricky. I hope the anti-biotics kick in soon. Jude started his Sunday but is still not himself. I think I might be taking him back on Friday...

Julie, the mama said...

I think y'all have the BEST neighborhood, and that princess castle is just about the cutest thing I have ever seen!!!

Hope those antibiotics have Miss Harper on the mend SOON.

I hear you on the rug thing. A good rug for a good price is hard to find!