Saturday, March 20, 2010

Happy Birthday Gabby

Today we celebrated our neighbor, Gabby's, 3rd birthday.  She had a kite party and the kids got to paint their own kites.  What a fun idea!

Handley concentrated really hard while painting her kite and waited very patiently for the pink paint.  We live in a pink world right now and she requests that everything be pink.  The only way I got her to wear this blue dress instead of a pink one was because Harper was wearing blue and she likes to match Harper.  After her paint dried she had fun trying to fly her kite around the yard. 

Speaking of Harper's dress, doesn't it look cute on her?  You'd never know it was probably about 28 years old!  That's right, it was one my mom made for ME when I was a little girl.  I love that she kept all of the smocked dresses she made for me in such good condition because Handley and now Harper have been able to wear them. :-) Harper got to try out a bouncy house for the first time and liked it for just a minute before she was crying for me to get her out.  

Here are the girls with their friend Addyson at the party. Addyson just adores Harper! 


1 comment:

Julie, the mama said...

We also live in a pink world, and I frequently use Boss' blue clothes as a selling point for Hendley. Oh, the things us mamas come up with to sell something to these kiddos!!!

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that your sweet mama saved all of those dresses. What treasures for your own precious girls.

Glad y'all had a good day to fly a kite.