Monday, March 15, 2010

Living Room re-do

We've been wanting to get a new TV for some time now.  Honestly, I thought the TV we had was just fine, but it was way too accessible to the kids.  It drove Robby nuts when Handley would put her fingers all over it and Harper had recently discovered all of the buttons on our cable box and DVD player.  She seemed to know how to eject the DVD just as Dora was starting to play, which caused Handley to pitch a fit every time.  We agreed that a TV above the fireplace was the way to go.  

After Robby spent 3 hours at Best Buy using his negotiation skills he came home with a new TV and all of the "extras" to go along with it.  I don't even know how to turn the thing on!  I'll definitely need lessons in how to work the fancy remote after he figures it out.  For now, I'll let Handley watch her Dora and Super Why upstairs on the TV I know how to use.  It sure does look good hanging up there though. 

The new TV also meant that I got to rearrange some furniture and it's no secret I've been searching for a new rug.  The one we had was OK, but it was very uncomfortable and hard.  Since I spend a lot of time on the floor with the girls I really wanted something softer and with a little more color.  I'd searched everywhere, but after a second visit to Lowes, we found something that we both agreed on. Not to mention, it was 1/2 the price of the other's I'd found I liked.  Handley and Harper were thrilled as we rolled it out and kept running/crawling around on it.  They love it just as much as I do. :-) 


Here's a shot of the whole room (including the nice dog bed in the corner and the toys/books that I cleaned up just for this picture. 

3 comments:

Katie Jones said...

It looks great! You will love the tv once you figure out how to use it. I thought I was living in a theater at first, but Project Runway looks nice on the bigger screen. Wasn't that why we got it? Yes, I think so. ;)

Jason, Erin, Ella, and Colin said...

I love the black cabinet in the old TV's spot:) Was that in the kitchen across from the eating area? We will just have to come over for another playdate and check it all out. I love it!!

Stefanie said...

OMG I never saw this post when I mentioned about the couch. I love the new look and the rug!