Friday, March 19, 2010

Wearing Nothing on Our Legs

Today was absolutely beautiful!  We got to *wear nothing on our legs, spend 2 hours at the neighborhood playground and enjoy popsicles on the porch after dinner.  

*Handley is just as ready for spring as I am.  For several weeks now she's been asking if she can  "wear nothing on her legs" (meaning she wants to wear shorts, a skirt, or a dress without tights). This morning when she was getting dressed I let her go without tights.  It was cold, but I knew it would warm up fast.  Before we headed to the playground this afternoon I changed into shorts and took Harper's tights off and Handley was just beside herself.  She was so happy that we were all wearing nothing on our legs.




Speaking of wearing nothing on her legs, Handley wore her leotard to tumbling class yesterday for the first time (she normally just wears clothes) and when we got home, I could not convince her to take it off.  She loves that thing and wore it the rest of the day!  She had a very special tumbling class yesterday because not only did she get to wear her leotard and "be a gymnastics girl" (her words), but her Daddy also got to come and watch her.  Here's a video of her: 

4 comments:

Atkinson Family said...

Glad she was able to wear nothing on her legs! I am also glad we have a neighborhood playground. Love the video!

Julie, the mama said...

I'm with Handley; I've been waiting to wear nothing on my legs for WEEKS now.

Again, another wonderful reason for these blogs...not sure there is a spot in the baby book for The Most Adorable Way Ever to Refer to What We Wear in Warm Weather!

Alison LeBlanc said...

I wish "nothing on our legs" lasted more than a day :(

The girls are as adorable as ever!

Stefanie said...

that was the cutest video I've ever seen. I love her somersault at the end!