Thursday, March 4, 2010

Cars, Tractors, and WET pants

I've been on a search for a new rug.  Robby didn't seem to agree with my Pottery Barn choice (wonder why???) so this afternoon I took the girls to Home Depot and Lowes to look for a more economical choice.  I didn't find any that I loved, but we sure did have lots of fun on the hunt.  Handley frequents Home Depot with her daddy on the weekends and loves it because they have a "car" buggy that she can drive around the store.  Harper is big enough to sit in the car now too an I just had to grab my phone and snap a picture of this scene.  
Next, off to Lowes and although they didn't have any car buggies to ride in, they did have TRACTORS!!!  Handley is a girly girl at heart, but she has a fascination with tractors. (Bulldozers, riding lawn mowers, cranes...doesn't mater.  They are all tractors to her.)  As soon as we walked in we saw the "tractors" lined up and she went running for them.  She exclaimed that "Daddy let's me ride the tractors" so I let her climb on up.  She was happy to point out that this one had a cup holder for her water and snack.  
As we were leaving she noticed more "tractors" outside of Lowes.  As she climbed up she didn't notice the seat was full of water (and neither did I) until after she'd sat down and SOAKED her pants.  She was so upset and sad that she was all wet.  However, a quick change into dry underwear and getting to ride home with no pants on made her smile again.  

It's always an adventure! :-)

No comments: