Monday, April 27, 2015

Weekend Fun

Over the weekend we had a lot of fun!  We didn't have too much planned, but it ended up to be one of my favorite weekends that we've had in a while.

Hudson is just so sweet.  Yes, he has his moments of terrible three year old tantrums, but for the most part I think we are over that hump and he is doing so much better.  He held doors open for me all day long, picked flowers for all of the moms and the bus stop and even greeted his sisters with more flowers as they hopped off the bus.  Those "extra" flowers are still sitting on my counter, in a lego cup that he chose as a vase. ;-)


We have 4 weeks left of school, which means I have 4 weeks until bathing suit time. I've really been trying to run every day 5 days a week to get in shape and be ready for summer.  Walker loves going on daily runs with me and smiles the whole time!  Knowing how happy it makes him gives me that extra motivation I need to squeeze it in each day.


On Friday evening we went to Harper's soccer game.  It was a make-up game from one of the weekends that it rained.  Despite her wild ways and falling a ton of times from running too fast, she scored a goal and played great!


Handley was a sweet sister to sit on the sidelines and cheer for Harper the whole game!


 Saturday morning we had the fun run at the girls' school.  There was a 100% of rain so I was not sure the run would happen. Miraculously though, the rain cleared up right as it was time for the kids to run.


 I somehow missed Harper running past me. She started the race with a purple hat on and I think that is what I was looking for.  However, she had taken it off during the race so she whizzed by me without my even knowing it.


The rest of our day was spent getting things done around the house and then we tried out a local Mexican restaurant for the first time.  It was such a great evening and I think it will be one of our new go-to places.  We especially loved sitting on the patio and enjoying the nice weather.  

Sunday was spent at church, signing up for swim team and hosting dinner club at our house.  And just like that, another weekend has come and gone and now we are onto another busy week head! 

1 comment:

Cory (playdates and prescriptions) said...

I love how sweet your little boy sounds. And I totally hear ya on bathing suit season approaching us! We only have 4 weeks left too, and our pool will open Memorial Day! EEK!