She is smart, sensitive, sassy and has lots of spunk. Someone once told me that the middle child is like Oreo filling...the sweet stuff in the middle that holds it all together and that couldn't be more true of our sweet girl.
We celebrated all day long and her real party will be next weekend with friends. This morning was so cute because Handley had asked me last night what time Harper was born. She wanted to do a countdown to the actual moment that Harper would be turning 6 and that is just what she did.
We started the day with a candle in her Poptart, because that is exactly what she wanted. :-)
Just before lunchtime we picked up her best friend from her class and went to Chick-fil-a before heading to Harper's outing of choice, Skyzone.
It is an indoor trampoline park and the kids all had so much fun. I was a little worried it would be too crowded since it is spring break and today was a rainy day, but they do a great job of keeping everyone safe, separated by ages, and still having lots of fun.
At 6 years old Harper:
- loves to play school.
- practices writing and her math facts all on her own because she enjoys it so much.
- can be a bit of a klutz and is constantly running everywhere she goes.
- enjoys soccer and the constant movement it provides.
- has fun at tumbling and loves flipping around.
- is very indecisive and takes forever to make up her mind.
- still sucks her thumb and I have tried everyone to get her to give it up.
- is very sensitive and gets her feelings hurt very easily.
- hates having her hair fixed and prefers it to be wild.
- still requires a lot of sleep and although she doesn't nap, she falls asleep the second her head hits the pillow.
- is my snuggler and loves to cuddle and sit in my lap.
- adores talking on the phone to anyone that will talk to her.
- doesn't really enjoy watching television that much.
- loves school, loves her teachers, and loves learning.