Monday, May 12, 2014

Wedding Weekend and Mother's Day

This weekend we were in North Carolina for my cousin, Rhett's, wedding.  Robby had a meeting along the way on Thursday, so I just kept the kids out of school Thursday and Friday and we tagged along with him before heading to my parents' house later that night.  It made for longer in the car, but everyone was so good and excited to be heading to Mimi and Dadaw's house.

While Robby was doing business, the kids had fun playing in a grassy area, hunting for all sorts of nature, climbing trees and playing simon says.




Friday morning we went to the beach and had the best time.  It was surprisingly easy with the kids and it gives me high hopes for our beach trip later this summer.  The girls loved playing in the waves and rolling in the sand.  Hudson had fun with his bucket and shovel and running around.  It was a relaxing day!


Then we were off to the rehearsal dinner that evening.  It was at an outdoor covered lodge and had the most beautiful backdrop.  My Aunt Julie planned every detail to perfection and we all had a great time. The kids loved running around with the other children that were there.




Saturday while the guys played golf the girls and kids went back to the beach.  This time we spent most of our day at the pool and the kids had equally as much fun.  Hudson was so sad when it was time to leave and it just makes me so ready for summer to be here.



The wedding was a perfect mix of outdoor elegance.  It was in a meadow and it fit the bride and groom perfectly.  The kids tore up the dance floor at the reception and we all had fun dancing the night away.
 

Sunday morning when we woke up Hudson asked if we were going back to the beach/pool again and when he heard the news that we weren't he started crying.  I felt the same way!  I would have loved to have had another day there, but instead, we started the long trek back.

As soon as we got home and unloaded, Robby took the kids on a secret mission.  They came back with a surprise for me...wine, sour patch kids, and card and the best looking bouquet of flowers they could find at 5:00 PM at Publix on Mother's Day.  They were all so excited though and it was so very sweet of them.  The kids all got busy making pictures for me next and they just kept showing me all sorts of sweet little things they were making for me.

I was so happy to get to see my mom on Mother's Day!  I love her so much and I have learned so much about how to be a mom from her.  I would give just about anything to have her live close-by, but since that isn't the case, I cherish every second when we are visiting there.  We were missing Gigi on this Mother's Day,  but will definitely celebrate with her when she gets back from her trip.


I'm so thankful for the three that make me a mom.  I love them with every ounce of my being and as these years are flying by I'm realizing more and more how grateful I am to be their mother.  I really try to cherish each day with them because I am already wishing I could turn back time.  If I had the option to go back to the day Handley was born I would start this entire journey over again in a heartbeat.  


No comments: