Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Christmas in Wilmington

After Christmas we spent a long weekend in Wilmington celebrating Christmas with my family.  We decided to drive at night so the kids would sleep most of the way and it was a great decision.  They did great on the ride up and woke up right around midnight when we got there.  They were excited to see everyone and ready to play.  We all sat up and talked for a little while before getting everyone settled and back to sleep.  Thursday morning we all opened gifts and the kids loved everything they got!  New toys, games, pj's, books, clothes and for the girls new arts and craft stuff, things for their dolls, and boots.

The mound of gifts!

Hudson loved cuddling with Aunt Stefanie

We got to visit with my grandmother a few times and it was interesting trying to explain a nursing home to Handley.  She had a ton of questions, but both girls were extremely sweet with Memaw and I know they made her day while we were there.


On Friday afternoon we got to see all of my extended family at our annual Christmas get-together.  I always wish I could see everyone more often. My aunts, uncles, and cousins are all so sweet and fun and the kids had such a great time.  Harper was a little social butterfly going around from one person to the next.  It took Hudson a little while to warm up, but before long he was making the rounds, too. They also got to open more gifts and were extremely grateful.  I was even happy when Handley said, "We need to write thank you notes to everyone for all of these things" before I had even mentioned starting on our notes.

The girls with my brother, Cameron




There was a lot of down time during our trip, which was so nice after such a busy Christmas season.  The kids want nothing to do with me and everything to do with Mimi and Dadaw while we are there.  I'm always sad to leave, but we're all looking forward to the next time we get to see them again.



No comments: