Thursday, September 27, 2012

Muffins with Mom

This morning was "Muffins with Mom" at the girls' school.  They were looking forward to this day for the past two weeks and I was, too! I had to split the 45 minutes between the two classes.  We went to Harper's class first where she got to show us her morning routine and then we had muffins and juice.  I let Handley come with me so she wouldn't have to be in her classroom alone and she did a great job of hanging with us, but letting this be Harper's special time.

When it was time to go to Handley's class I gave Harper the choice of coming with us or staying with Parker and his mom.  We'd talked about it for several days and every time I asked her she said she wanted to stay with Parker's mom.  She sent me these sweet pictures of the them and I know she had a great time.

Apparently, after all the moms left Harper was regretting her choice and she got really upset because she wanted to come with me to Handley's class.  I was so sad to hear that she was crying, but when we talked about it this afternoon she told me next time she wants to go with us.

Handley's classroom was fun.  We ate more muffins, had more juice, and then her teacher showed off the portraits of the moms the kids had drawn and read a little fill-in-the-blank they had done for each of us.  It has us all laughing.

They kids also sang a cute little song and then got to show us around to their favorite parts of their classroom.

A BIG thank you to my friend, Christy, for watching Hudson for me this morning so I could really focus on the girls.

After school today I took the girls to get their flu shots and they were both so brave.  Neither of them even flinched and were happy to get their treats for their shots.  Next up was Handley's gymnastics and then finally home.  Harper was not acting like herself all afternoon and laid around on the couch all night.  I'm hoping she wakes up feeling more like herself in the morning.

Meanwhile, Hudson is getting over a double ear infection.  Poor little guy has been pretty miserable and I kept attributing it to the teeth is getting.  I finally took him in to the doctor on Tuesday and sure enough...double ear infection.  Thankfully he is pretty much back to him happy self now with the the help of some antibiotics.  He's also got a new trick.  He can get to the standing position all by himself without pulling up on anything.  He did it over and over today.  Now if he can only figure out how to move his little feet and take a few steps!

1 comment:

Julie, the mama said...

Love the pics. Harper is looking like such a BIG GIRL these days. The 2nd (and 3rd) sure seem to grow up faster than the first ones did.