Sunday, September 9, 2012

Cheering the first game!

On Saturday, Handley cheered her first game of the season and she did such a great job. I was so proud of her!  Their coach was unable to attend the first game, so my friend and I offered to help out and coach the girls. It was a lot of fun and Handley loved that I was coaching.  I was really impressed with all the girls and loved that Handley stayed focused the entire game, was yelling and cheering as loud as she could, knew all of her cheers and motions, and she even got the "spirit" star for her megaphone from the mom in charge of passing out the awards at the end of each game.  She told me on the way home that she loves cheerleading and that the games are much more fun than the practices because she can run the the tunnel, wear her uniform, and cheer loud for the players to help them score.  Robby told her this just might be her "thing."


Harper knows all of Handley's cheers and practices them with her at home.  I need to video them because it really is adorable.  She wants so badly to be out there with her.  Next year she will be old enough and I can't wait for that!  She wanted to wear her UGA cheerleading outfit so she could cheer for Handley.

Before the game

We spent the rest of the around the house and the girls helped me make cupcakes for Robby's birthday.


That night Trey and Stefanie came over to have dinner and watch the game with us.  Since kick-off wasn't until the girls' bedtime, I told them they could stay up late and watch part of the game.  They got on their PJ's and did cheers for the Dawgs the entire first half, then it was time for bed.  The rest of us stayed up thought and stayed glued to the TV and the exciting game.


During commercial breaks Stefanie and I were checking out all the baby stuff I've been stashing away in our basement to pass on to them.  They are expecting their first baby in March and we couldn't be more excited!!!

1 comment:

Julie, the mama said...

I remember how much she loved cheering last year! Glad to see it is equally as exciting this year. She sure is a cute little cheerleader.

And I can't WAIT to see Harper as a cheerleader next year.

So exciting about you being an aunt! March will be here before we know it!