Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Days at home vs. Days at school for Harper

It's no secret that Harper loves school and wants to be there all the time.  With the pre-school registration approaching I've been debating between the 3-day or 5-day class for her.  I think part of me feels guilty about her going 5 days a week knowing that she will be in school 5 days a week for the rest of her schooling life.  Also, I know that by the fall, she and Hudson will really have fun as playmates.  Hudson won't be napping in the morning and he will be running around by that point.  I'm pretty sure I've made up my mind to do the 3-day class for her.  I have come to the realization, though, that I need to have some fun stuff planned to make the days at home just as much fun as the days she is at school.  Yesterday we came home after dropping Handley at school and Harper helped me clean the bathrooms while Hudson napped.  It's definitely a chore I don't enjoy, but Harper sure did think it was fun. :-)  When Hudson woke up we made our way to the neighborhood playground.  The weather has been SO nice the past week and with temperatures in the mid-60's, it was the perfect day to play outdoors and have a picnic with our friends, Jake and Reece.


Hudson also got to try swinging for the first time.  In true Hudson form, he remained pretty emotionless while swinging and wasn't quite sure what to think of it.


We were looking forward to heading back to the playground this afternoon, but it started raining so we played indoors instead.


After dinner Robby got home from work early enough to play with the kids and all three of them were thrilled to get to see him before bedtime!


4 comments:

Unknown said...

YOU'RE SUCH A FUN MOMMY!:)

Stefanie said...

The look on Hudson's face on that swing is priceless. Can't believe how fast he's growing!

Julie, the mama said...

I hear you on the school thing. I had the same debate, and ended up doing the 5 day a week since technically, Boss should be going to kindergarten the next year (I'm holding him back though). Anyway, I told him the great news and he got mad...cause he wanted to go 10 days a week. Ugh.

Jason, Erin, Ella, and Colin said...

Hudson's little tech vest is precious!