Sunday, February 5, 2012

Better late than never

My new online obsession is Pinterest.  Most of you have probably heard about it and for those of you that haven't it's basically a website that acts as a virtual pinboard.  You can save anything you you find while surfing the web to different boards you categorize or you can browse what others have pinned and "repin" the ideas to your boards.  People pin basically anything, but some of the ones I am loving the most are recipes, craft projects to try, home decor ideas, kids activities, and party planning related things.  I had heard people talking about it for sometime now and feel like the last one on the bandwagon, but it's better late than never.  Let me just say for anyone wanting to check it out, it is OH SO ADDICTIVE.  I should have stayed away, but I am totally hooked now!  Every night I browse what others have pinned and I find myself pinning away.  I'm loving all the ideas.  Last week I tried a new recipe for dinner I'd found on Pinterest and the ideas I have for a new home continue to grow.  This weekend I had the girls try a little art projected I'd pinned earlier this week.



It was so simple.  You just take empty toilet paper rolls, bend them to look like a heart, dip in paint and use them as a stamp.  The girls had so much fun doing this and loved that it made cute little hearts all over their paper.  Today we turned them into Valentine cards for grandparents and teachers.  They turned out super cute.

Last night the girls attended a pajama party and had so much fun.


While they were there Robby and I took Hudson and went to dinner.  Hudson was cracking me up because he had so much to look at and was constantly turning his head in different directions trying to take it all in.

This afternoon we spent several hours outside.  It was nearly 70 degrees, but with the sun shining it felt like summer!!!  It was so beautiful and made me forget that its only February.  Thankfully being outdoors was a nice distraction to Hudson who, if kept indoors, is one big cry-baby right now. He's getting more teeth and they are taking just about forever to finally come in.  Nothing seems to give him any relief.  This evening I was trying to get dinner ready and finally caved and gave him a graham cracker to see if it would keep him happy.  It was his first time trying one, but it was the happiest I had seen him all weekend.  He loved it, to say the least.

And I couldn't blog about this weekend with out mentioning Handley's new interest.  Gigi came over on Friday and brought her a Justen Bieber singing toothbrush.


I think she mentioned it was given to her as a joke and she was passing it along to Handley.



I don't think Handley knew anything about him before the new toothbrush, but that has all changed and  "Bieber fever" has hit our house now.  Better late than never, right?!? Ha!  Really, the girls just like the song, Baby, and they've both been singing and dancing around with the toothbrush all weekend.



 I finally downloaded the song to my phone so Handley would leave the toothbrush in the bathroom.  The funniest thing to me is listening to Harper sing the song.  Instead of the lyrics, "Baby, baby, baby, oh" she sings "Baby, baby, baby doll" and sings it with such conviction that it has us cracking up.

5 comments:

Stefanie said...

I love that she bought Handley a Justin Bieber toothbrush. That is too funny! I can hear them singing now. At least you have a break from Super Bass now ;)

Ashleigh Finger said...

You are so right! Pinterest is the biggest addiction I've ever had!
I love the toothbrush, I hope Cohen doesn't get her hands on one, she is a song bird ALL the time as it is :)

Jason, Erin, Ella, and Colin said...

The toothbrush story cracked me up!! And I am in love with your new Valentine's Day painting activity!! We are going to have to do that:)

Erica said...

Don't knock the Bieber toothbrush. We have 2...

Jen said...

I love hearing the girls sing! :) if only lady gaga made a tooth brush...then she would be in heaven! Love the heart activity...pinterest is so fun!! :)