Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!  We started the day with Handley's party at school.  Sheila watched Harper and Hudson for me so that I could really focus on Handley during the party and she was really excited that it was going to be a "just you and me thing."  They ate lunch and then I had the same activities for her class that I had for Harper's party yesterday.  The heart ring toss game was, by far, the crowd favorite.


 Handley and her sweet friend, Grace, were by each other's side all day and I'm so happy that she has such a close friend in her class.


When we got home Handley loved looking through all of her valentines and checking out all of the candy. Oh my goodness, the candy is out of control in our house right now.  We're going to enjoy it for a few days and then it's all going to be put away!

This afternoon we had our playgroup Valentine party.  Carrie did a fantastic job as the hostess and didn't miss any details.  There were crafts (including glitter, which all the kids were SO excited to use), cookies, cupcakes, goodie bags and balloons for everyone.  The kids all had fun playing together and the moms enjoyed a glass of wine and good conversation.  That was my kind of playgroup. :-)



This was possibly the best Valentine's Day I've ever had because my house is cleaner than it's ever been.  As a thank you for dog sitting last week, my AMAZING mother-in-law sent over the lady who cleans her house to do mine, too!!!  I can't even begin to thank her enough.  Not having to do it myself is such a treat.  THANK YOU HELEN!!!

No comments: