Friday, February 10, 2012

Early Bedtime and Hudson's Sleeping Habits


Don't let this smile fool you.  This was taken right before bedtime for Hudson.  I'm all about early bedtimes, but he would go to bed at 6:15 if I let him.  It doesn't matter if he's just gotten up from a 2 1/2 hour nap or not, he still starts acting tried around 5:30 and between 6-7 PM he is pretty fussy.  It's not an easy time of night, especially when I'm trying to feed the girls and keep him happy.  This is what he usually looks like:


However, between the girls being silly with him and bath time, which he usually enjoys, we can hold him off until 7 PM, when he usually does go to bed.


Thankfully, he is sleeping better at night.  His teeth still haven't come in, but I started sleep training with him and it's going pretty well.  He was in a bad habit of waking between 10 PM - 12 AM and it was taking him forever to get back to sleep.  I finally decided enough was enough.  The past few nights I've gone in and checked his diaper and then put him right back to bed.  He isn't always thrilled with this idea and cries some, but after a few minutes I give him the paci again and he has been going back to sleep.  He's still waking around 4:00 AM, too, but I figure I will deal with that waking after I break him of the earlier other one.  This is way better than he was doing, so I will take it!

3 comments:

Stefanie said...

Poor thing. The progression of those two pictures is priceless though. Hopefully you can get his sleep habits nailed down. That's no fun waking up several times in the night.

Stacey said...

I remember WELL the days of Tripp being done at 6 every night. It was all we could do to hold him off until 6:45 or 7. Kudos to you on the sleep training thing. We all know that's never been my strong suit! :-)

Jen said...

I had to laugh out loud at Hudson's crying pic. :) That's definitely a keeper.