Friday, February 17, 2012

Hudson - 7 months




I feel like this past month my sweet laid back baby boy has been acting like a different baby.  His teeth have been bothering him so much and are taking FOREVER to come in.  He's getting more on the bottom and his top ones are making their way in too.  I'm praying for some relief for him soon.  I want my happy baby back!  Don't get me wrong...we can always get him to smile, but he has definitely been much more fussy and whiney than he has ever been.



A 7 months he:

  • takes 2 naps a day.
  • cuddles with anyone holding him and loves to give hugs and kisses. 
  • lights up when he sees Handley and always has smiles for her.
  • eats breakfast, lunch and dinner.
  • is able to feed himself puffs and cheerios now. 
  • LOVES graham crackers, but makes a total mess of them so I only give them to him at dinner before he's going to get a bath.   
  • wears 6-12 month and 9 month clothing.
  • loves going to bed early.
  • is pretty attached to his blue lambie (lovie) and still covers his face with it when he is sleepy. 
  • isn't too interested in drinking water from a sippy cup, but I keep offering and today he actually drank a little so maybe he will start liking it more.  
  • sucks his paci when he's tired and when he is going to sleep.

I have one quick story to share.  This afternoon I babysat Parker for a little while and all three of mine were excited to have him here.  At one point we were all upstairs and I needed to change Hudson's diaper.  Because we no longer have a gate at the top of our stairs, I put Parker in Handley's room with Handley and Harper and closed the door so he wouldn't be able to get near the stairs.  The girls had instructions to keep him in there until I was done with Hudson and I would be right back.  A few seconds later the door opened and right behind Harper came Parker shooting out the door.  Handley instinctively ran in front of him and stretched her arms out reaching either side of the hallway and did the same thing with her legs.  She screamed out to me, "I'm a gate!  He can't get past me!"  She then called for Harper to be a "gate" too.  I was watching the whole thing and laughing out loud at Parker trying to climb under their legs and through their stretched arms trying to get past them.  It was pretty funny.  

One other cute thing was that Handley referred to all four of them as the "4-lets" (sort of like triplets). :-)


1 comment:

Atkinson Family said...

Where has the time gone? 7 months already? I will say a prayer that those teeth get a move on it! However, he is the cutest little guy! Happy 7 months Hudson!